General Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Engineering, this position provides administrative support for the Engineering department. Ideal candidate will exercise independent judgment to plan, prioritize, organize diversified workload, and recommend changes in office practice and procedures.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, conferences and department activities for all members of the department
- Creates and develops visual presentations for the company
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates Engineering Change Notices
- Retrieves information from files when needed
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior Executives
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the VP of Engineering, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating small outgoing shipments
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy
- Maintains the mailroom, including organization, and ordering of postage and packaging
- Technical Capacity: Proficient computer skills with Expert Level strength in Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for interaction with the workforce, suppliers and customers
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Organized and efficient, with extensive multi-tasking and project management abilities
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
Environmental Requirements and Conditions:
- Work is performed in a manufacturing office and plant environment with continuous exposure to noise.
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
Preferred Education and Experience
- Some college or degree is preferred
- Two years of administrative experience preferred
**Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No recruiters / search firms, please.**
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross-functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry. With a high-level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.