Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? Are you someone who likes to move from one item to the next as priorities change? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
Model and analyze new and existing products using virtual and experimental tools to provide both internal and external customers with the data necessary to produce products that satisfy the final customer’s requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field with additional training in variation analysis. Along with a minimum of a combined two years of product design, development, and analysis experience. Automotive drivetrain experience is preferred.
- Candidate must have a strong analytical background with experience using statistical analysis tools including 2D and 3D variation analysis software. 3DCS is preferred.
- Experience with solid modeling (e.g. NX, Catia, and Creo) and product lifecycle management (PLM). PTC Creo and Windchill are preferred.
- Be able to read and interpret drawings, specifications, and knowledge of the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Be skilled using data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, Gage R&R, SPC, and cost reduction initiatives, etc.)
- Have a working knowledge of automotive quality systems, manufacturing processes, and control plans, inspection fixtures and gage design, CMM inspection methods, and 3D scanning methods.
- Participate in and contribute to component and system design processes from concept to production by using 2D/3D variation analysis software to conduct dimensional sensitivity studies, develop part and assembly datums, tolerances and tolerancing schemes, measurement and control plans, and recommend methods to minimize the effects of process and part variation of Means’ products while interfacing with designers, project, quality, CAE, and manufacturing engineers, and customers.
- Create and present dimensional engineering reports to communicate results, issues, and recommendations to internal and external customers.
- Improve the accuracy between predicted and actual results by incorporating statistical inspection data into the variation analysis software and by developing and documenting standard methods for using the software.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.