Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? Are you someone who likes to move from one item to the next as priorities change? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
Model and analyze new and existing electromechanical products using virtual and experimental tools to provide both internal and external customers with the data necessary to produce products that satisfy the final customer’s requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field with additional training in circuits, electric machines, field theory, and electromagnetic software. Also has a minimum of a combined two years of product design, development, and analysis experience. Automotive industry experience is preferred.
- Have one year of exposure to the implementation of an IATF 16949 compliant quality system.
- Possess a strong analytical background with experience using 2D and 3D electromechanical design and analysis tools including electromagnetic finite element software to design electric machines including motors, solenoids, and linear motors while assessing electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Maxwell, MagNet, JMAG or similar is preferred.
- Have experience with material and component testing, EMC testing, prototype builds, data collection and analysis, material selection, and product validation.
- Experience with one or more programming languages including .NET, Python, Matlab, Mathcad, or equivalent engineering codes.
- Experience with 3D CAD and product lifecycle management (PLM) software. PTC Creo and Windchill are preferred.
- Familiarity with GD&T, tolerance stacks, Six Sigma, SPC, manufacture of powder metal components, and design of experiments.
- Participate in and contribute to component and system design processes from concept to production by analyzing, designing, and recommending methods to optimize Means’ products using computational electromagnetic software, other engineering software, and experimental and analytical methods while interfacing with designers, project, quality, CAE, and manufacturing engineers, and customers.
- Create and present electromagnetic engineering reports to communicate results, issues, and recommendations to internal and external customers.
- Improve correlation between predicted and test results by incorporating experimental testing and new analytical methods and by developing and documenting standard methods for using analysis tools.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.