Means TransForm Products, a business unit of Means Industries, is an industry leading manufacturer of metal-formed products and precision propulsion components utilizing advanced proprietary stamping, machining, laser-welding and assembly processes. This business is involved in significant advanced research and application of tooling and die equipment, process design and development. Means TransForm Products has two manufacturing facilities in Saginaw, Michigan; two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, Michigan; a manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan and a manufacturing facility in London, Ontario, Canada. For more information about our company, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
This position is for 2nd shift (Afternoons), the primary hours of work are 3pm - 11 pm. A shift premium will be applied.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No recruiters / search firms, please.
Our best candidate will have 2 years of experience, exceptional troubleshooting abilities, proficiencies in all areas of maintenance including PLC's, motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics. Strong electrical skills a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required :
- Five years minimum experience in plant maintenance
- Knowledge of stamping presses, conveyors, CNCs, washers, assembly machines, various automation and related machinery
- Knowledge of pneumatics, lubrication and hydraulics circuits
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits and diagrams
- Knowledge of mig and or arc welding and use of cutting torches
- Must be able to read and interpret hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication schematics
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Possess working knowledge of IATF16949, ISO 14001, and Q1 compliance criteria
- Usage of a computer, printer, calculator, press and machinery control panels
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds frequently
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.