Are you someone who enjoys a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? Do you like learning new applications and skills? Do you like having the ability to work on projects and figuring things out? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
Analyzes complex processes, clarifies / defines problems, identifies areas for improvement and recommends technological or process solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Project Management certifications in either Waterfall or Agile methodologies preferred. Along with two or more years’ experience preferred with in one or more of the following Enterprise Systems: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Product Life-cycle Management (PLM). Two or more years’ experience preferred with working for a manufacturing company.
- Be able to evaluate business needs, document systems requirements, and translate data between business users and technical developers.
- Provide guidance by assessing key strategic process improvements and executing system changes to support these initiatives.
- Rely on broad experiences with business systems to identify new system opportunities, generate conceptual design, prototype alternatives, author functional specifications, and work closely with key business users to implement.
- Ensure business requirements and technical direction is consistent with global design across all business units.
- Team oriented role involving cross-functional teamwork with Finance, Quality Management, Materials Management, Production Planning, Sales and Distribution, and other teams to address technical and process issues.
- Complete technical service requests and provide continuous business application support for enterprise software.
- Help to define, analyze, develop, implement and document systems, customized programs and databases to meet business needs.
- Help to research and upgrade software solutions.
- Assist application owners in the development of test scripts, policies and procedures.
- Champion the use of common concepts, standards, procedures and best practices.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.