Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus with multitasking? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
Verify the quality and performance of the products in addition to troubleshooting the rectification of any existing errors or defects. Responsible for analyzing the product under various working conditions and confirming that the product delivers its promise. In addition, formulate or help formulate quality policies and procedures as well as conducting training on quality concepts and tools; interface with all other engineering components within the company and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Creating and maintaining company documentation such as Process Flow Diagrams, Failure Mode Effects Analysis and Control Plans.
- Responsible for relevant APQP activities and on-time PPAP submissions.
- Work closely with Engineering to develop Standardized Work Instructions.
- Meeting with members of the production team to offer recommendations and share results.
- Maintaining and controlling calibration records for all test and inspection equipment.
- Participating in teams to help make necessary improvements and changes to all process related issues in the production department.
- Responsible for Quality System Maintenance.
- Continuous Improvement and Preventive Maintenance working with Maintenance Team.
- Customer Quality Interface - Customer complaints & Corrective actions follow-up.
- Control Plan and Process Audits.
- Internal Quality Audits.
- Performs other functions as directed by management.
What we’re looking for:
Someone who possesses a Bachelor’s Degree.
5-7 years experience in Quality field.
Minimum 3 years in quality system maintenance.
Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers and customers.
Travel to and from various company, customer and or supplier locations as needed.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.