Means TransForm Products, a business unit of Means Industries, is an industry leading manufacturer of metal-formed products and precision propulsion components utilizing advanced proprietary stamping, machining, laser-welding and assembly processes. This business is involved in significant advanced research and application of tooling and die equipment, process design and development. Means TransForm Products has two manufacturing facilities in Saginaw, Michigan; two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, Michigan; a manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan and a manufacturing facility in London, Ontario, Canada. For more information about our company, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No recruiters / search firms, please.
Tier 1 Automotive Supplier seeks to hire Quality Engineer for Shelby Township
Knowledge and Skills
- CMM operation and programming a definite asset; understanding of GD&T metrology, and capability limitations a minimum requirement
- Quality software applications including Open DMIS, Calypso, MPACT, and statistical software such as MiniTab
- Possess working knowledge of IATF16949, ISO 14001 and Customer specifics such as Q1 compliance criteria
- Post-secondary certificate / diploma or equivalent in work experience
- Certification through American Society For Quality a definite asset (CQE,CQT,CQM, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field (including APQP, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA, within Automotive or Manufacturing environment )
- Must have previous Metal Stamping experience
Essential Mental Functions
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers and customers
- Proficiency use of measuring equipment (scales, micrometers, calipers) and checking fixtures, and metrology tools (surface testers, CMM’s)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects and prioritize as needed
- Strong data driven decision making
Essential Physical Demands
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending and stooping
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Travel to and from various company, customer and or supplier locations as needed
- Must be willing and able to work necessary overtime if required
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with continuous exposure to noise
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.