Are you someone who enjoys having elements of individual challenge driving the overall result? Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Establish system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access, recommending improvements.
- Maintain access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
- Ensuring authorized access by investigating improper access, reporting violations, monitoring information requests by new programming, recommending improvements.
- Establish computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures, coordinating with facilities security, recommending improvements.
- Safeguard computer files by performing regular backups, developing procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness, recommending improvements.
- Develop security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations.
- Analyze computer code to search for potential breaches in security.
- Investigate suspicious activity on servers and networks to figure out where potential threats are.
What we’re looking for:
- A student pursuit of their bachelor’s degree with 1 year completed in computer science, information technology security, or related area.
- Someone who is capable of thinking outside the box to identify how attackers may compromise security.
- Be able to work well in small teams to design and plan security systems and monitoring.
- Have strong written and oral communication to communicate plans and threats to Security and Risk Lead.
- An understanding of or experience with email filtration, backup solutions, DLPs and/or CASB, Cisco ASA and endpoint auditing and monitoring, Office 365 security and compliance, and IDP (ADFS, AAD Connect, or similar).
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.