Means Idustries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Means leverages its unique process and product design capabilities to produce award winning innovations that improve fuel economy and reduce mass through its Controllable Mechanical Diode (CMD) Selectable One Way Clutch, Advanced Metal-Forming and Joining Capabilities, and our emerging Dynamic Clutch Technologies that are designed to enable efficient Propulsion Electrification. At Means, we are committed to producing forward-thinking innovation and delivering robust engineering and manufacturing solutions to our clients.
Founded in 1922, Means employs over 700 employees and has manufacturing facilities in the US and Canada. We have marketing and technical offices in the US, China and Japan. For more information about our company, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means Industries is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
The HR Manager will play a critical role in shaping organizational culture, driving recognition and aligning business objectives with employees and management. This role maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Partners with the management team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Drives and implements employee recognition and organizational culture initiatives, builds employee morale, increases productivity and retention
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalist, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Oversees employee disciplinary meetings
- Supports data driven culture to drive results and achieve business objectives
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment by identifying opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems as well performing audits to assess compliance and issue corrective actions
- Identifies skill and experience development as well as education and learning needs for all employees, participates in evaluation and monitoring of learning programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure learning objectives are met.
- Promote the company’s operational goals and objectives, and ideal behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- SHRM/HRPA designation highly desired.
- A minimum of three to five years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to drive results.
- Maturity of judgement, excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, delegate and drive/achieve results.
- Ability to properly balance employee advocacy and business requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 360
Compensation & Benefits
· Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
· Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection and paid vacation days.
· 2% Participation in DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Program)
· Up to 3% match for RRSP (Regidtered Retirement Savings Program)
· Education reimbursement
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work.