Do you enjoy a team driven environment with task focus with multitasking? Do you have excellent customer service skills? Do you like to learn and use technology to help make your job easier? Do you like interacting with employees? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for all daily Human Resources activities including but not limited to recruitment, performance management, employee and labor relations and administrative support for the HR function.
- Assist employees with questions regarding medical, dental, optical, pre-paid legal and 401(k) benefits
- Inputs, maintains and updates HRIS/Payroll and employee benefit systems as needed for hourly employees.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining daily time keeping system and closing weekly payroll for hourly employees.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Participate in the company’s health, safety, environmental, and operational programs.
What we’re looking for:
Education and Experience
- Completion of high school plus post-secondary certificate program in Human Resources or business-related field and 3 or more year’s related experience in Human Resources OR Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field and 1-2 years related experience in Human Resources.
- Manufacturing setting experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient computer skills and in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Organized and efficient, with extensive multi-tasking and project management abilities
- Demonstrates planning and time management skills
- Ability to learn, use and implement new digital systems/software
- Demonstrates ability to continuously improve work processes
Essential Mental Functions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for interaction with workforce, customers, suppliers, management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Using facts, judgment and root cause analysis to solve problems
Essential Physical Demands
- Flex shift hours may be required to support role responsibilities over 3 shift operation.
- Office and manufacturing environment.
- Wears personal protective equipment as prescribed.
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.