Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Manager, Demand Planning and Logistics leads a team responsible for scheduling customer orders with the factory, coordination of outbound traffic, and Production Control. Supervises the scheduling function ensuring that the plant is level loaded, meets external customer’s delivery dates, and maximizes internal manufacturing capabilities with a focus on productivity efficiency and improving the customer’s experience. Manages direct reports responsible for production control, direct customer site interface, and outbound traffic schedules. This role will Identify, manage, and create order management related processes to continuously drive improvements within the value stream.
- Own personal and team safety. Observes all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times
- Supervise, develop, and continuously improve the order management team
- Meet regularly with direct reports, provide SMART objectives, development opportunities, and timely feedback
- Supervises scheduling team for both units and parts orders.
- Partner with Operations and develops manufacturing schedules and resource requirements based on sales forecasts and customer demands.
- Processing of all sales orders for manufacturing, assigning production schedules for optimal loading, shipment dates, and providing shop documents for production.
- Ensure Production Identification Orders are timely, accurate, and reliable
- Oversee scheduling of Unit and Aftermarket Orders utilizing ERP and Access DB software.
- Create and maintain master production schedule
- Responsible for all facets of outbound logistics including freight sourcing, cost management, and on time delivery.
- Manage freight claims for outbound related to lost or damaged product
- Analyze customer orders, drawings, and submittals to determine the type and amount of equipment required for outbound freight
- Maintain records in compliance with document retention policy
- Develop and update procedures and processes to continuously improve process integration with functional groups
- Provide information to BAC field representatives on freight quotes, effective and efficient freight logistics
- Work with customers on shipping problems such as delivery, damage, claims, etc
- Generate reports including: sales, daily shipping, and status of unshipped orders
- Prepare month-end reports related to Finished Goods and Work in Process.
- Responsible for adhering to Import/Export regulations
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager and works in close coordination with plant functional groups including Operations, Quality, and EHS. Has regular interaction with North American partners in the areas of Finance, Engineering, Purchasing, Production, Customer Service, Credit, Quality, as well as External Customers. Manages a team of both exempt and non-exempt partners in the areas of Customer Service, Production Control, Scheduling, and Traffic.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in logistics, supply planning, procurement
- High level of competence with ERP systems and relational databases
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and high degree of ownership in support of manufacturing schedules and plant sales goals
- Effective written communication including documentation of processes, and the communication of those processes
- Ability to communicate to leaders and co-workers with reports, written memos or emails that are professional, concise and clearly understood.
- Demonstrated oral communication skills including the ability to communicate professionally with BAC customer and co-workers. The ability to share information verbally that is clearly understood and technically accurate.
- Competence in speaking in front of groups and giving presentations
- Demonstrated ability to assess team abilities and development employee critical skills
- Analytical skills enabling the analysis of multiple data sets from a variety of inputs
- Organizational skills including managing multiple projects, prioritize efforts, and create detailed action plans
- Delegation and follow-up with a ability to motivate individual and team achievement
- Demonstrated ability to develop high performing teams
- Ability to interpret drawings and technical specifications
- High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks
- Ability to develop and manage metrics that drive performance
- Advanced Microsoft Office user with an emphasis on Excel
- Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Analysis Principles, Lean Manufacturing Methodologies and JIT concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business, Operations Management, Accounting)
- APICS certification in Production and Inventory Management preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 50% of the time in a manufacturing environment. This position requires occasional lifting up to 25 pounds and travel both domestic and internationally up to 10-20% of the time.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants