Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The NPI Program Manager will manage the execution of New Product Introduction (NPI) programs and projects for BAC’s global products. This individual will lead NPI programs and be accountable to execute on all program deliverables (performance, cost, schedule, quality, etc.). The program manager shall manage cross-functional team members to ensure they execute on their specific functional deliverables. The program manager shall drive collaborative solutions to ensure functional deliverables do not compete with overall program / business metrics. The program manager will manage the overall risk of the program and drive resolution of the risks. Program status and risks shall be presented weekly to the Global Engineering Manager – PMO & functional directors and monthly to Executive Leadership team to ensure the programs remain on schedule, risk is mitigated, roadblocks are addressed and additional help needed is identified.
- Lead product platform and cross-functional teams in the development, execution and commercialization of new products.
- Maintain communication between/among team members. Schedule/facilitate regular team meetings; ensure all team members remain engaged.
- Gain consensus from team members whenever possible; make executive decisions for the team when necessary.
- Track, manage and abate all cross-functional risks for the program.
- Drive team to resolve the risks internally to the program but be astute of risks that are beyond the program team to resolve and elevate these risks in a timely manner to the leadership team.
- Lead projects with solid financial acumen to understand impacts of design, changes, labor and manufacturing costs.
- Manage Tollgate/Phase Gate Projects
- Deliver product, as defined in project specification, to market. Meet/beat the project schedule.
- Coordinate activities on the project team; keep track of open project tasks. Ensure that tasks are being allocated team resources, and that tasks are being completed in time to support the overall project schedule.
- Delegate/allocate tasks and responsibilities to team members, leveraging team members’ strengths.
- Participate in performing project tasks to fill in for any resource gaps, or to cover for any underestimates in task duration or tasks forgotten in the project schedule.
- Persist in garnering resources that are needed to achieve team deliverables.
- Ensure all deliverables for each Tollgate are met prior to requesting permission for the team to advance
- Ensure team works collaboratively
- Schedule/coordinate Tollgate meetings w/ senior management
- Ensure appropriate project documents are maintained (part matrix, master data, design decisions, code compliance), and that they are filed in appropriate locations per current BAC processes
- Prepare schedules for new projects, and maintain schedules for existing projects, providing regular updates to the team and management
- Maintain records of team decisions, including explanations of why good ideas weren’t feasible
- Partner with BAC Manufacturing facilities (foreign and domestic) during key NPI milestones as well as providing mentoring / training to team members in those facilities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Advanced degree in business or engineering management (e.g. MBA) a plus.
- 5+ years of experience leading global engineering programs / projects with cross-functional accountability.
- New product development design &/or engineering experience required.
- HVAC / Refrigeration technical experience (Systems, Fluids, Heat Transfer, etc.) beneficial.
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience leading or working on global product launches and in a global engineering environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing Tollgate/Phase Gate projects; preferable with complex / technical projects resulting in launch of industrial or consumer based products.
- Strong indirect leadership skills. Track record of utilizing influencing skills to drive cross-functional teams with competing metrics to a common solution which meets the programs overall commitments including cost, schedule, performance, etc.
- Self-directed leader. Each program is unique and have unique issues. This role assess situations and adjust priorities as needed with little or no direction.
- Solid communication skills within all levels of the organization. Must be able to communicate across multiple global cultures/time zones effectively.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint etc.) and project Management software skills (e.g. MS Project) required.
- Experience working with an ERP system strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor.
- Financial Acumen
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Results
- Global Perspective
- Communicates Effectively
- Manages Ambiguity
- Situational Adaptability
NATURE & SCOPE
Reports directly to the Global Engineering Manager – PMO and (indirectly) leads designated cross-functional team members to execute on assigned program deliverables. The cross-functional team members will report directly to their functional managers but have program / project accountability up through the program manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 50% of the time. This position requires occasional lifting up to 30 pounds and travel both domestic and internationally up to 15% of the time.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.