Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for developing strategies and programs that enable the broader BAC People strategy and for ensuring the smooth execution of the HR activities for the region. Specifically, the Director, Human Resources N.A. will provide strategic guidance and consultation to management in the areas of recruitment and selection, learning and development, performance and organizational development and engagement and reward. The incumbent will provide competence oversight for HR in the region, supervise the HR staff in Jessup and also provide support for identified global HR initiatives. This role will serve as a member on the America’s Leadership Team and the Global HR Leadership Team. COMPETENCIES
BAC Cultural Values
Customer Focus – Takes personal responsibility to achieve external and internal customer satisfaction
Aligning People and Team Development – Use appropriate methods and interpersonal skills to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes, meet business objectives, and attract and retain top talent.
Leading Change – Continuously seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to address organization challenges
Execution – Get the job done through problem solving, driving for results, exercising control, setting high goals, and using measurement and accountability to continuously improve the business
Coaches / Mentors – Works to improve and reinforce performance of others by providing clear and specific feedback that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem
Communicates Effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Situational Adaptability – Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Global Perspective – Takes a broad view with approaching issues, using a global lens
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or business related discipline
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- HR Certification required (SPHR, GPHR or SHRM-SCP)
- 12+ years’ HR experience with at least 5 years in an HR leadership role
- Must have experience within the manufacturing industry
- Experience working in operational and corporate settings
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and state labor laws and regulations including OFCCP
- Demonstrated experience building HR strategies that improve recruitment and retention, develop bench strength and succession, improve organizational performance and increase engagement.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing technology to enhance and measure the results of HR programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong business acumen and networking capability.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with a corporate parent.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Director, Human Resources N.A. reports to the VP, Global HR and will provide support for the VP and Managing Director N.A. The incumbent in this role is a member of the America’s Leadership Team who partners with regional and functional managers (including Latin America business leadership) to deliver regional HR objectives. The incumbent is also a member of the Global HR Leadership Team that collaborates to drive strategic global HR initiatives forward.
- Partners with regional and functional leaders on a variety of HR initiatives in the areas of organization effectiveness, recruitment/selection, learning and development, talent management, reward management, recognition, performance management, engagement and employee relations.
- Provides expertise and consultation to influence the business, deliver constructive advice, diagnose and resolve problems and positively influence change.
- Drives opportunities to support the advancement of company initiatives.
- Leads and supports the development of a performance-oriented culture through strategic goals and initiatives.
- Facilitates training delivery and communication sessions within the region
- Leads, develops, and conducts organizational and talent reviews.
- Provides performance management guidance on all appropriate matters
- Provide business support that ensures adherence to HR programs, initiatives, and best practices
- Responds to sensitive and confidential issues and concerns raised by all levels of employees in a timely and objective manner. Maintains awareness of general employee issues concerns and recommends solutions to management to ensure positive morale
- Drives initiatives to improve the employee experience
- Designs and leads employee engagement initiatives
- Responsible for streamlining HR processes to integrate software and system improvements. Innovates and drives continuous improvement activities for the HR department
- Proactively seeks knowledge of both industry and functional specialty. Researches best practices, legal developments, emerging trends, technological advancements and benchmark comparisons in order to create HR practices that are best in class.
- Participates in or leads global HR initiatives
- Manages the budgeting and budget reconciliation activities for the HR cost center
- Responsible for HRIS data and process audit integrity
- Responsible for all employee wide communications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 25% of the time. Working conditions include those of a normal office environment, as well as standard hazards associated with installed HVAC equipment and rotating equipment. This position requires occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs, and travel of 10 - 20% of the time.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.