Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner is a customer facing business partner to the management team and employee population. Working with the Human Resources Manager, the Sr. HR Business Partner provides expertise and direct support in the areas of employee relations, recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits administration, policy administration, and employee training and development.
- Conduct recruitment for exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Take lead role in community outreach and organizational branding efforts by developing relationships with schools, colleges, and non-profits.
- Deliver professional development training and soft skills training to exempt and non-exempt clients. Conduct needs assessments, define training and development objectives, identify training curriculum, and implement training programs.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal HR related laws with the ability to provide guidance to supervisors and employees.
- Leads onboarding and orientation process.
- Assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Lead the documentation of HR processes and process improvement initiatives to promote efficiency and ease with which to do business.
- Maintain an active presence among the various departments providing support, and promoting communication and employee engagement.
- Development and updating of HR metrics that are aligned to the business.
- Collaborate with peers and internal customers locally and globally to foster sharing of best practices and continuous improvement.
- Manages benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Prepares and inputs employee records including: new hires, terminations, shop hourly and non-exempt salary administration.
- Manages departmental and plant reports including: workers’ compensation, employee staffing levels, and wage classification program.
- Conduct investigations, provide resolution plan for employee complaints/concerns, and monitors follow up on action plans with management.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Sr. HR Business Partner, under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, will provide guidance and direction to the management and employee client base in regard to Human Resources processes. This position will require significant interaction with all levels of the organization. May participate in, or lead cross functional teams representing local and / or global initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Five years of human resources experience, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Analytical thinking demonstrated by the ability to solve problems using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach to professionally handle employee concerns.
- Project management skills including, setting a vision, establishing and driving timelines, and division of responsibility to balance skills and work load.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related law including; FMLA, ADA, FLSA, HIPAA, Title VII, and Workers Compensation.
- Strong collaboration skills with proven ability to build and maintain partnerships and solid working relationships with management and employees.
- Keen evaluator of talent and effective recruitment and selection skills.
- Customer focus with strong influencing skills.
- Knowledge of both exempt and non-exempt compensation law and best practices
- Strong organizational skills with a bias toward action. The ability to operate successfully in a fast paced environment, embrace change and balance competing priorities.
- Effective oral communication skills including giving group presentations, contributing to teams, as well as one on one interactions with stake holders and employees.
- Effective written communication skills including the ability to produce professional documents, emails, and presentations that are concise, persuasive, and informative.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including charting, graphing, and analysis functions in Excel, advanced level user of Word to create documentation, policy, procedures and shared resources, and the generation of compelling training and communications in PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of continuous improvement tools and processes.
- Experience using HRIS and LMS platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Business related field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The position is predominantly an office function and has exposures consistent with an office role with extended periods seated, standing, walking, and entering information on a computer. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 25% of the time. This position requires occasional lifting up to 30 pounds and travel up to 10% of the time. Responsibilities of the job require regular interaction with the production floor. Exposures include elevated noise levels associated with a manufacturing environment, fluctuations in temperature ambient conditions as well as intermittent exposure to the weather in and about the yard and dock areas. The job is a Monday through Friday daytime role, however availability is expected for any of the three operating shifts to support people needs.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.