Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Global Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is a member of the Global Advanced Manufacturing Technology department. This individual will primarily be responsible for identifying existing, new and emerging manufacturing technologies that can drive improvements in BAC’s manufacturing facilities (safety, quality, productivity, etc.) and scoping, leading and implementing these technologies. This position is a senior level, hands-on engineering role that can perform a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision, using technical and administrative skills. Work shall be done independently and as part of project teams.
- Coordinate and manage capital equipment, plant layout and procurement projects: Including specification development utilizing BAC, industry and governmental EH&S standards, supplier selection, early supplier engagement, technical reviews, factory layout development, installation and qualification of equipment. Ensure all tooling and equipment is reliable and robust and designed to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Own the metrics as applicable to your assigned projects: capital equipment & tooling budgets, program schedule, and reliability, quality and labor targets. Work with the cross-functional team members to perform trade-off analysis on competing metrics if necessary and drive decisions based on overall business impact.
- Research, identify and vet out new and immerging manufacturing technologies for use in BACs manufacturing facilities.
- Collaborate with Technology Global Research and Development to ensure manufacturing methods and manufacturability of designs are developed in parallel with product development.
- Work with factory operations and continuous improvement teams to understand the Value Stream and how your project impacts it. Ensure material flow, workstation set-up, model mix, etc. are considered when equipment is designed and laid out in the factory.
- Communicate across the organization to secure alignment and collaboration.
- Critically analyze existing global designs to identify inefficiencies, build cross-functional support for needed solutions, and lead projects that utilize technology to enhance quality and value.
NATURE & SCOPE
Reports to the Global Director – Advanced Manufacturing Technology. The Global Advanced Manufacturing Engineer will interact with other manufacturing engineers, product engineers and operations personnel in the U.S. and around the world. The Global Advanced Manufacturing Engineer will lead global efforts in introducing new manufacturing technology to BAC facilities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline; Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with procurement, testing, installation of manufacturing equipment and process improvement.
- Significant experience in industrial metal fabrication equipment / processes and some experience at least two other areas: mechanical equipment installation, custom equipment development, plant / factory startups and transfers, metal joining, and automation.
- Experience working in low volume / high mix manufacturing facilities and equipment.
- PLC experience a strong plus.
- Strong Lean / Continuous Improvement skillset.
- Global mindset: experience championing global initiatives and working with global teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers and stakeholders to gain buy-in of project.
- Good communication skills – will be expected to provide program report outs to cross-functional team.
- Good organizational, project management and presentation skills to interact with all levels within the organization and with suppliers and vendors.
- Travel occasionally to Global BAC regional headquarters (Shanghai, Jessup, Heist), and manufacturing facilities, equipment suppliers, conferences, industry councils, etc.
- Working hours are the standard BAC 40 hours per week (8:30am-5:00pm with flexible start/finish times allowed)
- Travel, both domestic and international, can be up to 35% of the time
- Occasional evening/weekend hours are required, although can often be done from home with the use of a portable computer.
- Primarily Sedentary Activity in the office will be experienced; however periodic travel to BAC manufacturing facilities with assembly (medium work) is required.
- Must have close visual acuity to work with computer systems and virtual models
- Will typically be subjected to only indoor conditions; however on occasional trips to BAC manufacturing facilities, the worker may experience heat, cold, humidity, and noise.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.