Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
Technicians at this level are focused on routine maintenance activities and assisting senior mechanics.
* Usually under the direction of a senior mechanic, performs PM activities on critical equipment
* Completes maintenance work order tickets associated with both facility and mechanical repair requests
* Perform daily operations (machine walk-throughs, review previous discrepancies, communicate machine issues/status)
* Perform Bench-work activities (rebuilds, parts cleaning, operational checks, upgrades)
* Perform basic maintenance on pumps, compressors, piping systems, etc.
* Use and understand welding, milling and lathe techniques
* Work from technical manuals, specifications, shop drawings, and schematics
* Focus on learning principles of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems, and power transmission components
* Efficiently interface with production and maintenance personnel. Confer with Shift Manager on duty
* Complete variety of facility related work orders including painting, drywall, and plumbing
* Monitor and perform seasonal maintenance activities and facility equipment during non-standard work hours
* Troubleshoot basic electrical issues. Follow Schematics/wiring diagrams and use digital multi-meter (DMM)
* May train others on basic skills
* Perform other duties as assigned
Min Experience: 1 - 2 years
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.