Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Global Director Advanced Manufacturing Technology is responsible for driving the development of global, innovative manufacturing technologies, equipment, processes and systems that maximize value in the creation and delivery of both current and new BAC products.
- Create and execute on a global vision for advanced manufacturing technology, process improvement and manufacturing systems. Drive and share best practices around the globe.
- Develop and deliver global manufacturing solutions to provide customer value in a cost efficient manner.
- Identify and investigate new manufacturing technologies to support BAC business plans
- Develop manufacturing infrastructure to integrate or deploy new manufacturing processes.
- Develop, lead and implement the five year manufacturing technology roadmap
- Drive necessary equipment and process upgrades and improvements
- Partner with R&D and the Global Engineering team to ensure alignment around manufacturing for new products
- Solve manufacturing technical or processing issues
- Develop, manage, and implement the global capital budget
- Lead the development of the global manufacturing strategy
- Hire, evaluate, and develop global staff. Ensures team capabilities are in place to reach business goals
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Global Director Advanced Manufacturing Technology reports directly to the VP, Global Engineering. This global role interacts with employees at all levels of the organization throughout all countries in which BAC is located. The Manager of Global Process Manufacturing and the Manager of Global Manufacturing Technology will report directly to the Global Director, Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline; Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical preferred.
- Understand all aspects of globally manufactured, technical products.
- 10 - 12 years of global manufacturing leadership experience with technical products
- Proven project management skills
- Strong understanding of product commercialization process
- Demonstrated ability to influence employees and stakeholders to gain buy-in and lead project efforts
- Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Demonstrated experience in a global work environment
- Demonstrated organizational leadership, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in a complex, variable manufacturing environment
- Strong business acumen and experience with budget development and monitoring across a broad operation
- Demonstrated success in driving change to achieve specific business results
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 50% of the time. Working conditions include those of a normal construction environment, as well as standard hazards associated with installed HVAC equipment and rotating equipment. This position requires occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs, and travel up to 25% of the time.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.