Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Plant Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for facilitating the implementation of continuous improvement principles across cross-functional teams within their assigned manufacturing plant. This role will collaborate with the plant team to identify and prioritize opportunities and assist with the team deployment of activities inclusive of utilizing lean tools. The CI Manager will directly lead a variety of specific, complex improvement projects to improve customer metrics, reduce cost, improve safety, improve quality and reduce working capital.
The Plant Continuous Improvement Manager is a member of the plant leadership team who will lead the plant’s CI Engineers and CI Technicians.
- Create synergies with the plant management team that enables the team to meet or exceed the financial cost reduction targets for labor productivity, material utilization, and overhead spending through a culture of continuous improvement and waste elimination.
- Promote and facilitate the development of continuous improvement strategy and lean principles.
- Collaboratively train leadership team members and employees on the sustainable approach to continuous improvement through sharing of best practices.
- Lead and develop the CI Engineers and Technicians through the support of career development and coaching.
- Ensure alignment objectives and projects of the CI team and the facility
- Participate in regular workshops and learnings with other Plant Continuous Improvement leaders to collaborate and coordinate on systemic priorities and initiatives.
- Facilitate workshops on CI and creative problem solving
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Plant Continuous Improvement Manager will report to the Plant Manager. As part of the Operations team, the Plant Continuous Manager will have significant interaction with all employees throughout their location in addition to CI leaders across the US at other BAC facilities. The Plant CI Manager will have direct reports of Engineering and Technician caliber.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in Manufacturing/Engineering
- 3+ years of Leadership experience in plant operations with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing, production and information systems and systems
- Strong collaboration, influencing and employee leadership skills
- Demonstrated use of analytics and metric alignment in CI
- Competency-based used of lean methodology-Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, SMED, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 50% of the time in a manufacturing environment. This position requires occasional lifting up to 25 pounds and travel both domestic and internationally up to 10-20% of the time.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants