Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
Responsible for assigned manufacturing related projects which apply to all BAC plants in areas that include but are not limited to application of Lean practices, product improvements, equipment/methods, safety and environmental issues, materials, planning and information systems. Initiates and leads cost out projects including the preparation of Capital Expenditure Requests with financial justification for new technology, advanced equipment, and/or processes. Leads the implementation of the new technologies, equipment and/or processes at assembly plants across the globe.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline; Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical preferred
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication & assembly and process improvement
- Demonstrated project management skill and sound technical judgment
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- CAD/Drafting experience preferred but not required
- Experience employing continuous improvement tools including Lean in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
NATURE & SCOPE
The Manufacturing Project Engineer reports to the Global Director Advance Manufacturing Technology. As part of the Global Manufacturing team, this role will interact with all BAC plants and licensees worldwide
- With general supervision, is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing profit improvement projects.
- Research, evaluate and specify new technology and/or equipment for process improvement projects
- Work with other departments as required to analyze the financial impact of the new technology / equipment / process; create the financial justification and prepare the Capital Expenditure Request
- Create detailed plans for implementation of new technology and/or equipment in BAC plants; track completion against the plan
- Work with Marketing and Engineering departments on product redesign or new product development projects.
- Work with the assembly plants to manage the addition of new products to existing assembly lines or to set up new assembly lines for products.
- Stay current with advanced technology / equipment and processes by attending relevant trade shows and taking training courses as required
- Working with Marketing and Engineering, assists in the design of new and/or redesigned products and the development of manufacturing plans to include manufacturing procedures, tooling and fixtures, initial labor estimates, capital requirements, transportation, etc.
- Manages the implementation of the above mentioned processes and systems in BAC plants across the globe
- Initiates profit improvement projects related to materials, labor, overhead and equipment
- Facilitates the communication of manufacturing information between plants in an effort to share knowledge/benefits company-wide
- Assists Plants with capital budgets, equipment selection and plant layout as assigned.
- Prepares Capital Expenditure Requests including financial justification for new and innovative equipment and processes as well as new plants.
- Audit existing processes for conformance to standards
- Assist with onsite training of plant personnel on new equipment and/or processes
- Evaluate ways to streamline office processes to eliminate waste
- Some travel required but usually less than 25%.
Working hours are typical of an office environment with flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary. Travel about 25% of the time. Physical requirements include sitting for prolonged periods working at a computer for approximately 80% percent of the time. Standing and walking about 20% of the time with occasional bending, kneeling and climbing. Minimal lifting needed with occasional lifting of items up to 30lbs.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.