Diamond Chain Company, the world’s leading manufacturer of high performance roller chain products, is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor at our Indianapolis plant facility.
The Maintenance Supervisor, under the direction of the Maintenance & Facilities Manager, will provide leadership by establishing, organizing, and implementing maintenance programs which will support the plant’s maintenance strategy. This will also include the supervision, development/training, and provision of all technical services needed to support the plant. Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensure equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity.
- Track standard manufacturing and maintenance measures and prioritize plant maintenance opportunities.
- Install and maintain machinery, equipment, and facility.
- Ensure departmental compliance with company policies, including safety regulations and OSHA and EPA standards.
- Aid in troubleshooting problems with machinery and equipment.
- Train, direct, develop, supervise and evaluate department employees.
- Assist with directing and completing all emergency repairs of plant equipment in facility
- Aid in identifying all repetitive equipment failures and determining the root cause of ongoing equipment failures.
- Assist with initiating, implementing, and managing the plant maintenance program based on best practices, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures and repairs, and common causes of equipment downtime and solutions.
- Manage the addition of new machinery, preventive and predictive activities into the CMMS.
- This position is being hired to work 2nd shift (3:00pm-11:30pm) but will need to be flexible and available to work any shift.
- BS degree in Engineering or Maintenance field preferred or will consider experience in lei of degree..
- Desired experience or background as a skilled trades’ employee (ie electrician, maintenance mechanic, machine repair).
- Minimum of five years of experience in plant engineering or factory/plant maintenance required.
- Minimum of three years holding a supervisory or team lead position directing a maintenance staff strongly preferred.
- Strong motivational and leadership skills with experience supervising technical personnel.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at multiple levels within a union environment.
- Ability to hold others accountable and drive for results.
- Ability to work directly with maintenance technicians to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Understand process stability and demonstrate system thinking.
- Experience driving change and influencing large groups of people.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to identify and overcome complex problems.
- Ability to effectively delegate and lead at all levels.
- Strong project management skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Proficient use of MS Office.