Diamond Chain Company, the world’s leading manufacturer of high performance roller chain products is seeking a proven Production Supervisor to oversee daily activities and lead a production team.
The Production Supervisor will lead a production team to exceed safety, quality, productivity and delivery initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience in a high production unionized environment and a proven track record of improving productivity, developing people/accountability and establishing strict cost control.
- Supervise a unionized production team, while providing functional, technical and process leadership.
- Use technical knowledge and training initiatives to develop and motivate the team.
- Ensure the execution of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost initiatives within the Production departments (Fabrication, Heat Treat, Customer Service Center, Made to Order, Shipping/Receiving, and/or Assembly)
- Communicate expectations to all direct reports; provide direction, instructions and feedback as well as follow up with appropriate recognition for exceeding expectations.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Develop a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods in the work area.
- Ensure production schedules are followed with on time delivery a key metric.
- Track and analyze production data to drive the improvement of key metrics.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with all plant departments.
- Maintain accurate records of employee work hours, vacation time and all other time off, and when necessary, take action to correct in accordance with plant policies.
- Complete all reports associated with the position accurately and in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to cover various departments and shifts may be required.
- All other duties assigned by direct manager.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees in a union environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner as well as read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Efficiently execute and deliver on short term and long term productivity goals.
- Ability to hold a team accountable and motivate for results.
- Ability to drive change and lead continuous improvement initiatives that improve safety and cost.
- Ability to analyze data to drive decision making.
- Willing to work manufacturing hours across three shifts as needed.
- TPM background and exposure to lean manufacturing and best practices.
- Proficient use of MS Office.
- 5 or more years of experience supervising in a metal stamping, heat treat and/or assembly operation.
- Associate or Bachelor’s in Business or related field preferred.
- 3 years of lean manufacturing experience.