Diamond Chain Company, the world’s leading manufacturer of high performance roller chain products is seeking an Assistant Controller.
This position will be located at the U.S. headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Assistant Controller - Operations evaluates product costs and cost of sales, variances, and inventory valuations. This position strives to provide decision making support for pricing, outsourcing, make-buy, variance analysis, and financial/operational reporting. This role supports lean manufacturing advancement through reporting and analysis of production metrics to reduce costs. The position is also responsible for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for cost and inventory reductions.
- Develop, prepare, direct and implement cost accounting procedures and methods for accurate product costs, new product development, pricing, and inventory valuations.
- Responsible for analysis of PPV and planning/forecasting material cost
- Lead fiscal year manufacturing plan cost development and standard cost development for manufactured and purchased goods.
- Analyze and interpret cost reports and cost audits. This includes margin analysis, manufacturing variances analysis, and actual vs standard product cost comparisons.
- Supports the S&OP process and drives alignment with cross functional partners such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Operations, IT, and Finance in order to achieve best class forecast accuracy.
- Prepare month-end operational reports related to cost of goods analysis, plant absorption, trend analysis, and days in inventory.
- Provide analytical support for manufacturing planning and analysis to advance lean metrics throughout the company. Partner with engineering, operations and procurement to provide decision support for various costing decisions. This includes the new product costs, make vs. buy decisions, cost center analysis, outsourcing decisions, and product/plant rationalizations.
- Lead monthly management cost reviews, including support of budget owners in analyzing their variances.
- Participate in Annual SOX and internal audit testing and support internal/external auditors
- Perform general accounting reconciliations and analysis.
- Responsible for month-end analysis of inventory related transactions and balances for raw materials, WIP, and finished goods
- Conduct the annual physical inventory and reconciliation of counts to records. This role has ownership of all the necessary inventory adjustments.
Job Qualification Profile:
Key attributes for this position include high energy, results driven, strong analytical skills, detail orientation, proactive, self-motivated and must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization internationally. Must be a solid team player and collaborate with other departments to accomplish organizational goals. In addition, must have solid general and cost accounting knowledge, problem solving skills, ERP proficiency, ability to analyze cost versus plan variances, and actively engage with plant staff and executive staff.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or other advanced degree in related field highly desirable.
- CPA certification a plus.
- 5+ years professional and progressive cost accounting and/or plant accounting experience.
- Proficient in MS Office with high proficiency in Excel.
- Proficient with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and financial consolidation software
- GAAP knowledge related to Inventory and Cost of Sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels with the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills.
- Exercise sound judgment with the ability to take calculated risks and make risk/return recommendations.
- Solid project management capabilities with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from origin through execution.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.