Diamond Chain Company, the world’s leading manufacturer of high performance roller chain products serving the oil and gas, industrial distribution, MRO, agriculture, original equipment, and attachment chain markets, is seeking an analytical, fact based decision maker to lead the quotation process to drive incremental sales and profitability objectives.
Working as a Pricing Coordinator for Diamond Chain Company, you will be the valuable link between our company and our key accounts. You must be highly motivated, dependable, excel with verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently under pressure. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Diamond Chain quotation process is aligned with sales objectives. This position will require a highly credible business-oriented professional capable of mastering our current system processes to understand how they can be integrated into the customer facing proposals. The ability to build upon and maintain professional relationships at a high level with key account leadership is a must to promote growth opportunities.
This position reports to the Customer Service Supervisor and will interact with plant operations, quality assurance, planning, engineering, and our sales team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Highly effective communication skills both inside and outside the department to keep team members, other departments and customers informed throughout the quote to order process.
- Efficient time and resource management skills to ensure that the service level provided exceeds expectations with a strong commitment to team success and team goals.
- Maintain a responsive quotation process with a solid foundation of profitability assessments that will lead to incremental sales and achieve profit objectives.
- Effectively manage quotation process with the support of multiple organizational functions and provide analysis to support key pricing decisions for day to day business as well as lead special projects.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer’s requirements, clearly communicate the expectations and align the Diamond Chain organization to exceed those expectations.
- Creation and management of the implementation of price sheets, PPIF files, including price increases, and specific market analysis to align market price with profitability.
- Proposal development and margin analysis for strategic OEM or Large MRO opportunities
- Working with Customer Service Management on margin analysis with SKU market price evaluation
- Diamond Chain Product Configurator (Web Based Quotation software) management and support
- Conduct all interactions with the highest level of integrity and professionalism in support of sales, channel partners, and direct OEM customers.
- Serious commitment to quickly resolving customer complaints
to restore customers’ satisfaction.
- Ability to translate customer requirements and business needs into the right priorities and actions to deliver results.
- All other duties assigned by direct supervisor.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree (two or four year college or university) or technical degree preferred
- Five or more years of customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year previous quotation/pricing process experience
- Strong work ethic, must be self-motivated with an honest, genuine drive
- Knowledge of manufacturing process, power transmission experience preferred
- 3-5 years minimum of experience managing high-level accounts
- Previous inventory management experience is a plus
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Capabilities & some knowledge of databases.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.