Diamond Chain Company, the world’s leading manufacturer of high performance roller chain products serving the oil and gas, industrial distribution and MRO, agriculture, original equipment, and attachment chain markets, is seeking a self-driven Production Planner to plan production in our high volume, high mix manufacturing environment.
The Production Planner is responsible for scheduling multiple work centers within a production area to achieve on-time delivery targets while positioning the production department to achieve maximum production efficiencies. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple priorities within a high mix/high volume environment, possess the ability to communicate throughout the organization and have the proven ability to use data and reports to predict supply issues before they happen.
- Create and update work schedules across multiple work centers within a production department.
- Coordinate and communicate part availability throughout the organization.
- Research material availability and respond to Customer Service for new Sales Order and inquiries.
- Reviews and analyzes production schedules and plant capacity data to drive appropriate OTD.
- Provide timely responses to internal customer inquiries on product availability for expedite shipment.
- Adjust and maintain Work Orders as needed.
- Investigate variances and update work orders accordingly.
- BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in production scheduling required or equivalent combination of similar industry experience.
- Experience in a metal forming or assembly manufacturing environments preferred.
- Experience planning multiple manufacturing work centers in a high mix/high volume environment required.
- ERP experience required with a strong understanding of MRP framework.
- Ability to effectively analyze production and lead time data to maximize production efficiency and minimize cost with focus on delivering value to the factory team
- Committed to frequent and open communication with multiple team members to ensure most up to date information is shared across all functions –
- Meets daily with cross-functional team to resolve delayed customer shipments, component shortages, overtime, priorities, and identified problems.
- Works shortage reports on a daily basis and expedites when appropriate.
- Identifies and resolves problems working with other production schedulers.
- Executes prioritization changes due to customer requirement or shortage resolution.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Proficient use of MS Office, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Committed to high standards of accuracy and credibility.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicting priorities and achieve the most productive outcome.
- Customer Service mindset – responds promptly to emails and phone calls.
- Ability to work effectively without close supervision, and to solve problems and work independently.
- Excellent ability to collaborate effectively with teammates with a willingness to work in a cross functional environment.