Diamond Chain Company, the world’s leading manufacturer of high performance roller chain products is seeking a proven Purchasing Manager to oversee daily activities and lead the purchasing team.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the purchasing department. The scope of the position includes all purchasing (materials, tooling, services, and MRO products) with focus on obtaining highest quality products at lowest cost. The successful candidate fosters and creates a collaborative environment with a sense of urgency on meeting sales and operational goals.
- Lead purchasing department to ensure effective and timely coordination of global materials to include China and Europe.
- Manage supplier performance to ensure quality, delivery and cost requirements are met.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers and vendors.
- Aligns the purchasing team behind new product launches and/or global sourcing strategies, coordinating with product engineering and global operations leadership.
- Effectively communicates with customers with the ability to meet their expectations.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Prioritize business needs and focuses accordingly.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as engineering, operations and quality to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Define performance metrics for suppliers and develop processes to hold them accountable for meeting their commitments.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste and/or to convert wastes to by-products.
- Participates in the S&OP process.
- Maintain and monitor raw and purchase part inventory to meet business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or other business function.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a manufacturing purchasing role with a minimum of three (3) years of their experience in a purchasing leadership role.
- Experience negotiating and/or writing supplier contracts.
- Experience developing supplier scorecards and holding suppliers accountable to expectations.
- Ability to adapt negotiation style to meet the situational need.
- Detailed understanding of materials requirements planning (MRP) systems.
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes and metal forming industry, desired.
- Ability to analyze multiple sources of data and drill down to the critical information needed to make a decision.
- Ability to prioritize effectively with a sense of urgency and problem solving.
- Ability to analyze and interpret engineering drawings and material specifications in support of new supplier qualifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Efficiently execute and deliver on short term and long term productivity goals.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel
- CPSM or APICS certifications preferred.