Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Advanced Designer will be participating in the Global Engineering Group and will be responsible for delivering complex design. These designs should meet functional and manufacturability requirements while maintaining accuracy.
- Design complex sub-assemblies and small scope product modules independently with general direction of design intent.
- Explore the impact that proposed design will have on other subsystems, parts and assemblies
- Maintain detailed record of all work.
- Lead collaborative discussions with other designers to share design ideas
- Follow all establisted design standards and suggest addition/improvement when they are needed.
- Provide support for Special Design Quote Sign off Process.
- Support product improvement and cost-out opportunities
- Participate with Product Development project teams on pilots.
- Address and resolve corrective action to standard documentation.
- Provide support for Marketing, Application and Sales, manufacturing and Warranty Serivices.
- Estimate scope of work and design time.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Advanced Designer reports directly to the Enigineering Manager. He or she will also report indirectly to the lead designer and/or project manager of any projects in which he or she participates.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Certificate with 3-5 years of experience required.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software and excel
- 2D AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Sheet metal design experience
- Mistake proof design (Poka-yoke)
- DFMA design (design for manufacturing & assembly)
- Inventor Experience
- Highly Variable product design
- Vault knowledge
- HVAC experience
- BS in Engineering or
- Technical certificate with 3 Years Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 50% of the time. Domestic travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.