Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The purpose of the position of Strategic Account Manager, Commercial Refrigeration (SAMCR), is to directly engage in sales activity related to the Trillium Series Condenser in the Commercial Refrigeration Market. Specifically, the expectation is for this individual to cultivate and manage relationships with key end-users, engineers, and channel partners (equipment bundlers) to sell the Trillium Series Condenser.
- Responsible for meeting assigned quotas and revenue goals
- Responsible for all aspects of selling BAC products in the commercial refrigeration marketplace, concentrating on the Trillium Series Condenser
- Identify, establish, develop, cultivate, and manage key end-user accounts. Increase their preference for BAC products.
- Identify, establish, develop, cultivate, and manage relationships with strategic channel partners
- Build rapport and develop solid relationships with Refrigeration end users, contractors and consultants
- Promote BAC through customer and industry organizations
- Identify and communicate product needs based on market data and customer feedback
- Industry involvement in some form is expected
NATURE AND SCOPE
The SAMCR will report to the Adiabatic Sales Director. As part of the Refrigeration Department, the SAMCR will interact with (and receive shared support from) the Applications and Customer Service teams. The SAMCR will also, on occasion, work with the BAC representative force and implement BAC Refrigeration sales policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & BEHAVIORS
- Bachelor’s degree required (Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience)
- Must possess highly effective interpersonal communication, honed skills in persuasion/negotiation, and strong emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture strong business relationships
- Sales and objective driven with enough attention to detail to keep good metrics of success
- Must possess strong technical sales expertise, with the ability to develop targeted client presentations
- 5+ years of experience selling equipment based on value
- 5+ years of experience selling refrigeration equipment, 3-5 years of experience selling to all levels of an organization preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of commercial refrigeration systems, refrigeration equipment, and refrigeration controls. The candidate will be required to speak in “systems” terms to the targeted clients and demonstrate how the BAC product will impact the effective operation of the refrigeration system.
- Must have complete knowledge of the commercial refrigeration industry (supermarket/eng./OEM/controls)
- Established client relationships within the commercial refrigeration industry—in the supermarket corporate offices, in the OEM/bundlers, in the consulting engineering firms, contractors, and the controls firms
- Moderate skills at MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Exhibits strong behaviors of: Empathy/Customer-Focus, Execution/Focus/Urgency, Accountability/Ownership, Optimism, Ego-Drive/Persistence
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 50% of the time. Working conditions include those of a normal office environment, as well as the standard hazards associated with construction sites which include installed Refrigeration equipment and rotating equipment. This position requires occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs, and travel of up to 80% of the time
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.