Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Business Systems Analyst collaborates with other Business Systems Analysts to support/lead the implementation of global business initiatives. He or she serves as the liaison between the Global Business Systems team and other global business stakeholders. As liaison this person communicates across multiple levels ranging from business and functional leaders to software developers and production personnel.
The Business Systems Analyst assists in the facilitation of cross-functional meetings and discussions. Working with other GBS team members, he/she is also responsible for the creation and implementation of detailed functional specification and project plans in order to implement business requirements and drive business system process improvement efforts to completion.
Additional duties include: assists in facilitating continuous process improvement initiatives across functional areas to support internal and external business processes; and assisting with Helpdesk activities including report generation, data analysis and problem resolution.
With supervision, principle accountabilities are:
- Business requirements
- Focusses to meet customer objectives including on time delivery and quality
- Interprets business requirements and translates them into functional specifications that can be used by the Global Business System team
- Develop and project manage schedules, resource plans, cost estimates and contingencies
- Conducts requirements review, coordinates / performs integration and UAT testing
- Analyzes data and trends generated from Support Requests tracking system and recommends and leads business process improvement efforts
- Improvement of working processes
- Drive Process Improvement activities
- Participates in efforts to create standard work flow for processes within the Global Business System organization
- Working Helpdesk activities including report generation, data analysis and problem resolution as well as provide instructions and training for IT related activities
- Acts as liaison between the Global Business System Teams and other business stakeholders
- Provides periodic communications and presentations on project status and production issues, changes to all stakeholders
- There are no people reporting to this function. The Business Systems Analysts plays however an important role in the steering and guidance of all stakeholders involved in the projects that he/she coordinates.
- No grants of authority have been assigned to the Business Systems Analysts
- The Business Systems Analysts has multiple day to day contacts while executing his/her function:
- Members of the Global Business System Teams
- All BAC departments when providing:
- Training/Facilitating on process improvement techniques
- Resolving or providing guidance to business systems issues
- All persons participating in cross-functional teams including the User Group team
- 3rd party suppliers of services
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Is in possession of a Bachelor degree in information technology, engineering, business or a related field or has built up a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar function within a similar environment
- Over 2 year of functional and working knowledge and experience in ERP business systems and project management implementation and Tier 2 Business Systems support
- Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) proficient
- With management direction, can steer, guide and follow up projects using project management skills
- Demonstrated business savvy to work effectively with other business leaders to achieve key business and technology goals
- Combines technical qualities with an open and enthusiastic communication style (verbal and written, at all levels)
- Is capable in presenting his/her ideas to all levels of the organization including Customers and other stakeholders
- Shows a pro-active attitude – likes looking for solutions to problems and steers others in continuously looking for improvements
- Demonstrates change management skills: participate in group meetings, looks for process improvement opportunities
- Prior experience as a functional user within a PeopleSoft environment
- Project Management foundation
- Has a high level of customer focus with the ability to identify and prioritize urgent requirements
- A stress resistant person who’s willing to help others and shift priorities as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 50% of the time. Working conditions include those of a normal construction environment, as well as standard hazards associated with installed HVAC equipment and rotating equipment. This position requires occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs, and travel of 10 - 20% of the time.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.