Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment are found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Lean Manufacturing Leader is responsible for facilitating the implementation of lean principles across all functions within an assigned BAC manufacturing plant. This position will collaborate with the plant team to identify and prioritize opportunities and assist the team with the deployment of lean tools. Additionally, the Lean Manufacturing Leader will directly lead a variety specific complex improvement projects to improve customer metrics, reduce costs, improve safety, improve quality and reduce working capital.
This position will lead the Plant Continuous Improvement team comprised of Continuous Improvement Engineers and Continuous Improvement Technicians.
This team will support the plants improvement efforts by analyzing process performance throughout the plant and assisting process improvement activities in safety, quality, customer service and production. The team will establish, maintain, and publish process definitions and instructions for the entire plant.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, 2 years at the leadership level, in Operations with an emphasis on Continuous Improvement
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing, production and information systems and systems implementation
- Demonstrated ability to influence employees and stakeholders outside their departments, gain buy-in, and successfully lead continuous improvement efforts
- Proven experience in communicating a vision, establishing, implementing and sustaining change initiatives.
- Understanding of analytics, metric alignment, and their role in continuous improvement
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; capable of presenting his or her ideas to all levels of the organization and other stake holders
- A four-year degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, or other degree with significant coursework in Engineering or Lean principles is required.
- Additional training or experience in at least one discipline such as Lean or Six Sigma is required.
- A passion for collaboration and improvement with a desire to consistently contribute as a servant leader.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Lean Manufacuting Leader will report to the Manager, Continuous Improvement. The successful candidate will lead a team of Continuous Improvement Engineers and Technicians and assist the Plant leadership in the development, execution, and maintenance of Lean Principles and Projects in the plant. The position will also participate in regular meetings with other plant Continuous Improvement leaders to collaborate and coordinate on systematic continuous improvement priorities and initiatives.
- Create synergies with the plant management team that enable the team to meet or exceed the financial cost reduction targets for labor productivity, material utilization, and overhead spending at the plant
- Ensure alignment between the plant and the Continuous Improvement Team
- Promote and facilitate deployment of lean principles and the plant continuous improvement strategy.
- Develop and mentor the plant Continuous Improvement team
Working conditions are typical of those of a manufacturing environment including standing for extended periods, sitting, and walking.
Occasional exposure to outside weather elements and varying
Temperatures. Lifting is limited to less than 25lbs. Working hours while predominantly M – F daytime, some evenings and weekends will be required as needed. Approximately 10%-20% travel.