Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, this person obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Follows up on orders and expedites delivery and shipment as required to support the manufacturing production schedules and plant sales goals. Will identify and recommend potential vendors, analyze quotations received and negotiate final pricing in support of company strategic procurement strategies and plans.
This person will also work directly with other plants on intercompany supply requests and issues, as well as with Cost Accounting and Accounts Payable regarding any costing, payment or match exception issues.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Operations Management, Accounting), or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in logistics, strategic supply planning, materials planning and procurement
- Experience with and understanding of Material Requirements Planning systems
- Experience with PeopleSoft Manufacturing a plus
- Must possess a high degree of ownership and sense of urgency in support of manufacturing schedules and plant sales goals
- Must be a good communicator (verbal and written) and able to integrate with and work within a team environment
- Must possess and display leadership skills related to alignment of people and team development
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and follow up skills
- Ability to interpret drawings and technical specifications
- High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks
- Ability to develop and manage metrics that drive performance
- Advanced Microsoft Office user with an emphasis on Excel
- Experience negotiating contractual items with suppliers
- Understand and ability to apply DMAIC Root Cause Analysis Principles, Lean Manufacturing Methodologies and JIT concepts.
- APICS certification in Production and Inventory Management preferred
NATURE & SCOPE
- This position will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager
- Direct interaction with Finance, Engineering, Production, and Vendors
- Identify, manage and create purchasing related processes and assure their effectiveness and efficiency
- Supervise, develop, and continuously improve the purchasing team
- Meet regularly with direct reports, provide SMART objectives, development opportunities, and timely feedback
- Understand, follow and promote all required purchasing procedures and requirements
- Perform all required supply planning functions; analyze existing inventory levels as well as actual and anticipated material requirements to ensure on-time delivery of all materials
- Manage Stores inventory levels to planned goals and objectives
- Manage Obsolete and Excess inventory levels to planned goals and objectives
- Coordinate and communicate resolution of shortage issues with shop
- Use root cause analysis to determine cause of material shortages and issues; develop, recommend and implement actions to resolve
- Maintain updated and accurate vendor pricing
- Review & analyze match exception reports to quickly resolve any pricing, invoicing or receiving issues
- Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate price and terms with suppliers and recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery
- Coordinate quality matters and engineering changes/developments with suppliers as required
- Work with Product Development, Engineering and Operations as necessary to understand and resolve material requirements for new product introductions and existing products
- Balance and coordinate delivery of materials to ensure on-time delivery while maintaining a level delivery schedule
- Initiate and implement continuous improvement activities to optimize process efficiency and reduce costs
- Other duties as directed by management
- Spend time in the factory as necessary to understand product, material flow, and flow of information
- Provide support to the rest of the Supply Chain team, as needed
- Collaborate globally with BAC and Amsted Supply Chain teams
- Train others as appropriate
This position may require additional weekday and weekend hours during busy periods in order to adequately support production requirements and company initiatives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk, see, and hear. The employee must be able to occasionally lift/push/pull objects that are 30 pounds or heavier.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low in the office environment. However, Eye protection and hearing protection must be worn at all times when on the shop floor. Safety shoes will be required when working in a manufacturing capacity on the shop floor. Good plant safety practices will be required. There may be occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals.