Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment are found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
A shop hourly position with the primary responsibilities of directing the activities of assigned maintenance personnel to accomplish daily maintenance tickets, scheduled PM activities as well as assigned projects to support production, safety, continuous improvement, and facilities’ needs. Respond to unscheduled breakdowns and re-allocate resources to respond to unexpected contingencies. Promote open communication and ensure all necessary information and clarification are provided to employees in a timely manner and maintain clear information flow between shifts.
- Responsibility for daily written turnover for off shifts (2nd or 3rd Shift) and organization of daily work load to maximize worker performance and achieve goals.
- Responsible for accurate troubleshooting and communication of and reaction to issues occurring on the evening shift.
- Upholds expectations for quality of work and takes measures to prevent rework.
- Specification of parts and supplies for ordering and spare parts inventory.
- Tracking incoming work orders scheduling work, and professionally managing the requestor’s expectations as to when work will be completed based on the priority of the work, and again when closing the work order.
- Coordination of outside contractors in line with Amsted’s Indemnity Program and Contractor Safety Policy.
- Coordination of emergency response for spills, site cleanup, emergency evacuation, and snow removal.
- Handle shop floor pages for immediate facility needs.
- 24/7 accountability for coordinating a response to facility emergencies and alarms.
- Working in conjunction with other maintenance department leadership to accomplish monthly goals for project work and share resources as needed to accomplish department goals.
- Active participation and interaction with the plant safety team.
- Ordering of parts and supplies as a courtesy to individual production departments.
- Indirectly influential on spending in other plant accounts associated with acquisition of Production needs and Environmental.
- Responsible for safe coordination of work and pertinent safety training.
- Communicates with area supervisors to schedule service.
- Coordination of Site Services events including high –level setup for plant meetings, special guests, plant functions, etc in at the request of HR.
- Responsible for building and site security, opening and closing.
- Able to perform all functions for Facility Maintenance (flexing) as necessary to level workloads within the dept. and on-time delivery to the customer (internal & external).
NATURE & SCOPE
This position reports through the Maintenance Group Leader, and shares the oversight of 3 shifts, operating 24/7, maintenance division with other maintenance leaders. The hours of the job can fluctuate with production and project load.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Previous industrial maintenance experience as a leader or senior mechanic is required.
- Good electrical and mechanical background, able to interpret electrical control diagrams.
- Working experience with general industrial electricity-110V, 220V, and 480V three phase.
- Experience with PLC/ Control systems preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skill with low instances for rework.
- Used to working with and taking precautions around heavy machinery.
- Previous OSHA pertinent training (30 hour course) with emphasis on Energy Isolation.
- Must be able to read and interpret fabrication layout drawings, and machine manuals.
- Must be able to weld (stick, MIG and pulse), and safely operate fabrication machinery to basic components needed for repairs or improvements.
- Demonstrated safety focus with appropriate experience in order to oversee and audit crew members, and be accountable for their safety.
- Training on cranes and proper selection of rigging equipment.
- Previous Training in HVAC, control systems, pneumatics desirable.
- Some previous experience in construction trades or heavy industrial maintenance desirable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require approximately 50 % of time to be spent on the shop floor and 50% of time spent in the office. When in the factory, the noise level is usually high and hearing protection is required. Eye protection, hearing protection and safety shoes must be worn at all times. Good plant safety practices will be required. Individual will be working in an environment that includes occasional exposure to the elements, inclement weather, and heights.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants