Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Plant Manager position is an integral part of the BAC leadership team and participates in Sales and Operations planning, New Product Development, and Operations Strategy. The position has P&L responsibility for his/her facility and reports results directly to the North America Leadership team including the President of BAC on a monthly basis.
The Plant Manager is directly responsible for meeting the production requirements of the business in a safe, efficient, and ethical manner. The Plant Manager manages the production of products from the receipt of the order through delivery to the customer, including but not limited to, materials planning and procurement, outbound logistics, plant loading, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, environmental compliance, sustainability, safety, employee training, equipment maintenance, security, continuous improvement, and warranty field service operations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Possesses a solid working knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes. Has a minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership role in a process oriented manufacturing operation. The Plant Manager has a great degree of independence and autonomy in the efficient and profitable production and execution of BAC products and services.
A four-year degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or other degree with significant coursework in engineering and/or manufacturing principles is required. Additional training or experience in at least one discipline such as; Lean Manufacturing techniques, Six Sigma, TQM, or JIT manufacturing is required.
NATURE & SCOPE:
The Plant Manager reports directly to the Vice President - Operations. The position will have major interactions with all levels of the organization in all worldwide locations. In addition to being fully accountable for the plant, the position will have significant interaction with the sales, marketing, product engineering, and financial functions to drive overall BAC execution. The Plant Manager will also participate directly on Global teams designed to compare Key Performance Indicators across global facilities and collaborate on best practice sharing to improve overall BAC global operations.
- Manages the P&L for the facility. Accountable for achieving the target Operating Margin.
- Develops and prepares short and long range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Ensures the manufacturing operation meets the agreed to production and quality requirements.
- Develops and implements plant loading and resource plans that achieve objectives and improve the competitive position and profitability of the operation.
- Directs and monitors department and functional managers to accomplish the goals of the operations plan.
- Insures all employees of the operation are informed of all communications, decisions, policies, and all other maters that effect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Directs and coordinates programs essential to manufacturing procedures, e.g., workplace and worker safety, training, housekeeping, continuous improvement, security, sustainability, and compliance to all legal and ethical standards.
- Complies with all local, regional, national, company, and all other applicable standards, laws, and procedures.
- Develops Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that reflect the true performance of the operation and enables continuous improvement
- Develops talent within the workforce to meet the current and future needs of the operation.
- Takes proactive corrective actions as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare budgets that meet operational goals and provides for effective management of resources.
- Participates on cross functional teams with sales/marketing, new product development, and global operations to improve overall business coordination/execution and global best practice sharing.
- Prepares reports as necessary or requested to show performance to plans.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 20% of the time. Working conditions include those of an office and plant environment. This is a normal manufacturing environment, with normal hazards associated with metal working equipment. This position requires occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs, and travel up to 10% of the time.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.