Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Automation and Robotics Engineer will identify, develop and deliver automation projects to improve our overall manufacturing competitiveness. This engineer will help to facilitate the completion of several capital projects per year in both internationally and domestic production facilities. Automation projects will target improvements in safety, quality and cost performance. This engineer will be the key interface with various automation and robotics integrators and will be the project manager and take the lead on implementation.
This engineer will also work with existing automation and control systems to maintain and optimize production plant performance.
- Identify automation and robotic opportunities at production facilities
- Ability to scope out automation/capital project, develop economic analysis and cost estimates. Be able to present the project proposals to stakeholders for approval.
- Plan and collaborate with the production plant stakeholders to ensure project implementation with minimal disruption
- Develop the specifications for equipment, tools, and supplies required for project
- Determine project schedule and deliver project completion on time.
- Controls project costs, manages spending within established budgets. Prepares project status reports.
- Ensure all products, supplies and process comply with federal and state regulations and internal company policies
- Establishes all project and performance metrics
- Ensure resources are adequately trained to interface with equipment
NATURE & SCOPE
The Automation and Robotics Engineer will report directly to the Director of Global Manufacturing Technology and work very closely with other production plant and technology resources. Will often manage a project team made up of plant and corporate manufacturing resources. May participate in, or lead projects or cross functional teams representing multiple BAC business locations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required. Preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 5-7 years’ related production, automation, robotics and project planning experience
- Ability to travel 20-50%. Including international travel and including extended durations for project support.
- Project management skills. Excellent engineering and technical skills.
- Must be a very capable leader, able to build relationships, from the shop floor to the Sr. Leaders
- Experienced in working with a robotic integrator, with proven record of delivering industrial robotic cell and systems in a timely manner.
- Mechanical and process design skills using CAD programs or associated enterprise systems
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment.
- Proactive, resourceful with ability to innovate in order to solve problems and maintain schedule
- Experience with sheet metal operations, welding technologies, assembly processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience with automation, advance controls technology and robotics
- Effective communication skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of the organization
- A strong leader with influencing and collaboration skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Project documentation proficiency using Microsoft Project and Visio
- Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies to drive plant performance
- Self-motivated, ability to make independent and informed decisions. Works well in a team environment.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.