We have an exciting opportunity to join our business as a Supply Chain Coordinator in our Supply Chain group for Brenco/Amsted Rail in Petersburg. Brenco/Amsted Rail, producer of tapered roller bearings for the railroad industry, has an immediate need for a Coordinator. Come join a team where operational excellence, employee development, and continuous improvement are key success factors. Talented and motivated individuals will have the opportunity to do the best work of their lives with an established 70 year-old company, while helping to grow a newly established business right on the same campus. We are a 100% employee owned global manufacturing company.
As a Supply Chain Coordinator for Supply Chain, you will be primarily responsible for executing daily transactional activities and assisting in the development strategies and price negotiations with suppliers. You will be responsible for purchasing specific material groups, focusing on flat rolled steel products and polymer components, to support production. You will also help to develop and refine purchasing practices for all procurement related activities.
What you will do:
- Execute buying decisions for raw materials; ensuring sufficient supply to meet our ever changing production demands in our manufacturing facilities
- Utilize SAP; converting material requisitions into purchase orders
- Responsible for identifying and leveraging SAP and Business Objects functionality
- Settle invoicing discrepancies with suppliers
- Assist in supplier development
- Establish relationships with external suppliers; becoming the expert on supplier capabilities and future potential
- Conduct cost/price analyses using statistical tools and market trend data
- Contribute to Amsted’s Supply Chain strategy development and execution
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to achieve aggressive earnings, working capital and productivity targets
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree, from accredited university, in related field or 3 years of equivalent work experience in Procurement or Logistics; preferably in scheduling, customer support, forecasting, and/or supply chain analysis
- Ability to define and analyze complicated problems and processes
- Proficiency with computers (Excel and analytical skills required)
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, initiative and professionalism
- APICS and/or CPM certification a plus
- Previous SAP experience
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About Amsted Rail/Brenco:
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! As an Amsted Rail employee, you are an owner. Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and be an integral part of our innovation journey; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. Through our competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal development and advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud.
Benefits include being an employee-owner participating in our ESOP program and benefiting from an additional full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with employer matching.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.amstedrail.com